Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rule 1:

Never be afraid to introduce yourself.

It's a lesson I really should learn myself. Really. Why should we be afraid to introduce ourselves and put ourselves out there? What's the worse that could happen? The person would think you're weird. So what? (I'm having trouble convincing myself that right now).

Life would be so much easier without having to worry what others think of you. To do that, you'd probably have to be more confident. But the thing is, it's not easy when you're in high school. High school is so dramatic and it makes you afraid of things that you weren't afraid of before. It's a great place to be, but at the same time, it really actually sucks.

Freshman year I was extroverted. I oozed confidence. Later on, though, I became a turtle slowly retreating back into her shell. Maybe it's because I'm happy with the way my social life is. Or maybe it's because I realize who my true friends are. If that's true then, hey, not exactly complaining. But it does become an obstacle because I've forgotten a little on how to make new friends. It's time for me to learn from my old self and start socializing more again.

Since this lesson is about introduction, maybe I should start introducing myself.
I'm a 16 year old (slightly hormonal) girl who's proud of her ethnic background (half taiwanese/half malaysian baby!) and loves to travel all over the world. I'm crazy about new experiences and I'm willing to try anything, but not everything. I won't go for peer pressure and I won't do things that I think are bad for me. I think I can be smart if I tried, but my problem is that I get distracted easily and I tend to drift off into my own mind. I think and reflect a lot upon myself and I'm a daydreamer. I love fashion even though my taste is kind of sad and I don't really think much about the future. I don't know if I want to get married or not, but I do want to adopt and have lots of dogs and cats because I'm such an animal person, but not an extreme animal activist. I love eating and I have a high metabolism so I don't look fat but I'm really overweight deep down. I do well in history and english normally but sometimes it frustrates me. I love being inspired and doing things that seem creative but I never have the patience to fully accomplish something, like learning the guitar for example. I'm all about emotions but I don't let them (usually) get the best of me. It's ironic because I put so much emphasis on feelings yet I tend to bottle everything up inside because I don't want people knowing what I really feel. I love life even though it tends to stab me in the back occasionally.

And I really should be studying for history, but like I said, I'm easily distracted.

Here endeth the lesson.

No comments: